+27 (0) 21 801 5240
Lauren Barnard-Slamet is a Senior Associate of Adriaans Attorneys in the Dispute Resolution Department. She has extension knowledge and experience in commercial litigation, including property law; contractual disputes; delictual dispute; local and provincial government disputes; Competition law and Employment law.
- 2015 - University of the Western Cape, Bachelor of Laws (LLB)
- The Legal Practice Council Western Cape Member
- Member of the South African Attorneys Association (Pending)
- Member of the Cape Town Candidate Attorney Association
- Litigating and acting for and in the Constitutional Court, Supreme Court of Appeal, High Court, and Magistrate’s Courts in numerous commercial litigious matters including by not limited to contractual disputes and delicutual claims
- Assisted with drafting commercial agreements, including but not limited to, Sale and Distribution agreement and Shareholders agreement; drafting of Settlement Agreements, and Separation Agreement;
- Drafting of pleadings and processes;
- Drafting Legal Opinions and Memorandums on various areas of law including merits and quantum assessments;
- Advising and litigating on property disputes and evictions;
- Debt collection and litigation arising therefrom;
- Assisted municipalities on various matters in the High Court and Magistrate’s Courts, including but not limited to, contractual claims, damages and eviction applications (in terms of the Prevention of Illegal Eviction from and Unlawful Occupation of Land Act (PIE);
- Drafting Bills of Cost, and objections to Bill of Costs;
- General company secretarial work including the drafting and registration of company constitutive documents and resolutions;
- Acting in Competition Law inquiries by the Competition Commission; and
- Acted for the City of Cape Town, Engen Petroleum Limited, Land and Agricultural Bank of South Africa, Standard Bank limited among other various major corporations.
Lauren joined Adriaans Attorneys as a Candidate Attorney in 2017, was appointed as an Associate in 2019 and promoted to Senior Associate in 2022.