+27 (0) 21 801 5240
Lauren Barnard is an Associate of Adriaans Attorneys focusing mainly on general commercial litigation including lease and property disputes, debt collection claims, employment law, drafting contract and settlement agreements and general company secretarial work.
- 2015 - University of the Western Cape, Bachelor of Laws (LLB)
- Member of Cape Town Candidate Attorney Association
- Legal Practice Council
- Litigating in the High Court, Magistrate’s Courts (including attending at trials in respect of contractual and delictual claims)
- Drafting of pleadings and drafting of notices
- Advising and litigating on property disputes and evictions
- Debt collection and litigation arising therefrom
- Assisted municipalities on various matters in the High Court and Magistrate’s Courts, including but not limited to, contractual claims, damages and eviction applications (in terms of the Prevention of Illegal Eviction from and Unlawful Occupation of Land Act (PIE)
- Drafting Bills of Cost, and objections to Bill of Costs
- Assisted in drafting commercial agreement, namely Sale and Distribution agreement and Shareholders agreement
- Drafting of settlement agreement
- Drafting of Separations agreement; and
- General company secretarial work including the drafting and registration of company constitutive documents and resolutions
Lauren joined Adriaans Attorneys as a Candidate Attorney in 2017 and was appointed as an Associate in 2019.