+27 (0)21 801 5240
Muneer Asmal has joined Adriaans Attorneys as a Consultant in our Corporate and Commercial Law practice. Having worked at top tier international law firms in South Africa, Muneer has gained extensive experience in the upstream, midstream and downstream oil and gas sectors and has worked extensively in Africa. He also has experience in mergers and acquisitions and general corporate work, and dispute resolution.
- The Law Society of the Cape of Good Hope
- Lead counsel, in a range of midstream projects in Equatorial Guinea, Nigeria and South Africa, 2017 - 2018.
- Anglo American South Africa in the restructure of its South African Assets, 2016 - 2018.
- Drafting of a Technical Services Operational Agreement in respect of an international maritime matter in West Africa, 2017.
- Negotiation on the acquisition (including due diligence) of Egyptian Gas Assets, 2017.
- Negotiation on the development of various Bulk Liquid Storage Facilities and other similar storage facilities (including Coega Development Zone) in Southern Africa, 2017.
- Negotiation and review of a BOOT Agreement for the development of a Guinean Liquid Bulk Storage Terminal, 2017.
- NAMCOR, on the Kudu project farm-out, Joint Operating Agreement and related petroleum agreements in re the Kudu Development, Namibia, 2016.
- Acquisition (including due diligence) of East African Upstream and midstream assets, 2016.
- Commercial and legal analysis of funding and underlying licence agreements for certain transactions in Nigeria, 2015.
- Legal due diligence, drafting and negotiations relating to funding arrangements with local partners, sale and purchase agreement with in the bid round for the potential acquisition of a downstream infrastructure asset in South Africa, 2015.
- Legal advice to reach a commercial solution to resolve disputes for outstanding payments, 2015.
- Redrafting and restructuring downstream business-to-business contracts to be used in Botswana, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Ghana, Guinea, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Madagascar, Mali, Mauritius, Morocco, Namibia, Senegal, Tunisia and Uganda, 2015.
- Advising multinational oil and resource companies, on regulatory issues relating to the Mineral and Petroleum Resources Development Amendment Bill, 2014 - 2015.
- Legal due diligence and definitive agreement negotiations.
- Legal due diligence in connection with the proposed acquisition of legal or equitable interest in and to a production sharing agreement and production services agreement for oil and gas interests in Egypt and Cameroon, 2015.
- Drafting and negotiating the share purchase agreement and assisting client with completion, 2014.
- 2018 – Present - Adriaans Attorneys (South Africa) Inc., Consultant
- 2015 – 2018 - Webber Wentzel Inc., Associate Corporate Business Unit
- 2013 – 2014 - Webber Wentzel Inc., Candidate Attorney