+27 (0) 21 801 5240
+27 (0)86 504 7372
+27 (0)86 504 7372
Raymond Scott is a Conveyancer in our Real Estate Department. He has over 30 years of property law experience and has assisted numerous major corporations in nationwide property acquisition or disposition transactions. He also assists the leading commercial banks with the registration of mortgage bonds to secure large commercial loans. His key area of specialisations are property related transfers, bonds and notarial agreement and ensuing transfers, commercial bonds, residential bonds, notarial contracts (servitudes, notarial bonds and antenuptial contracts), town planning and land use matters.
- 1983 - Baccalaureus Procurationis (BProc), University of Pretoria
- 1985: admitted as an attorney
- 1988: admitted as conveyancer
- 1989: admitted as notary public
- The Law Society of the Cape of Good Hope
- The Law Society of the Northern Provinces
- Registration of commercial, industrial and notarial bonds for various banks and lending companies.
- Acting on behalf of developers in respect of township planning, servitude agreements and residential and commercial property transactions
- Advising clients on agreements and legislation affecting their property portfolios.
- Sectional Title Developments
- Golf Estate Developments
- Subdivisions and Consolidations
- Notarial Servitudes
- Notarial Leases
- Antenuptial Contracts
Raymond began his career in 1983 as a Candidate Attorney at Hack Stupel & Ross in Pretoria. He was appointed as an Professional Assistant in 1985. Thereafter he work as a legal advisor for Boland Bank in 1986 and became a Deeds Office Examiner in 1987. He returned to the legal profession in 1989 as a Professional Assistant and became a Director at Hofmeyr Herbstein & Gihwala in 1993. Following the merger between Hofmeyr and Cliffe Dekker in 2011, Raymond continued to practice as one of CDH’s Directors. In 2014 Raymond commenced practicing for Adriaans Attorneys as a Conveyancer in our Real Estate Department.